A note about Oden’s constitutive variational principle
- 18 Downloads
A remark about some unreasoning things of Oden’s constitutive variational principle described in Ref.  is given in this paper. According to Oden’s idea, the other two constitutive variational principles, which are complementary to one another, are developed. An example is performed to demonstrate the application of the constitutive variational principles.
KeywordsVariational Principle Euler Equation Linear Elasticity Surface Traction Satisfying Constraint
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Oden, J.T., The classical variational principles of mechanics,Energy Methods in Finite Element Analysis, Ed. by R. Glowinski et al., John Wiley and Sons Ltd (1979).Google Scholar
- Oden, J.T. and J.N. Reddy,Variational Methods in Theoretical Mechanics, 2nd ed., Spring-Verlag, Berlin Springer (1983).Google Scholar
- Xing Jing-tang and Zheng Zhao-chang, Some general theorems and generalized and piecegeneralized variational principles for elastodynamics, unpublished research note, Department of Engineering Mechanics Qinghua Univeristy, Beijing, China (1982). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xing Jing-tang, Some theoretical and computational aspects of finite element method and substructure-subdomain technique for dynamic analysis of the coupled fluid-solid interaction problems—variational principles for elastodynamics and linear theory of micropolar elasticity with their applications to dynamic analysis, Doctor dissertation submitted to Qinghua University, Beijing, China (1984). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Xing Jing-tang, A note on the principle of complementary energy for linear elasticity (manuscript), June (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar