Routh's equations for general nonholonomic mechanical systems of variable mass
- 29 Downloads
In this paper, Routh's equations for the mechanical systems of the variable mass with nonlinear nonholonomic constraints of arbitrary orders in a noninertial reference system have been deduced not from any variational principles, but from the dynamical equations of Newtonian mechanics. And then again the other forms of equations for nonholonomic systems of variable mass are obtained from Routh's equations.
Key wordsRouth's equations variable mass system nonholonomic constraint noninertial reference system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zhu Zhao-xian, et al.,Theoretical Mechanics, Press of Peking University (1982). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Rumyantsev V. V. On Modern Developments in Analytical Mechanics, Torino, June (1982); Analytical Dynamics and Applications, Torino (1983), 697–716.Google Scholar
- Wu Da-you,Classical Mechanics, Science Press, Beijing (1983). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kane, T. R., et al.,Dynamics, McGraw-Hill, New York (1985).Google Scholar
- Niu Qing-ping, Basic differential principles in classical mechanies and motional equations for nonholonomic mechanical systems,Acta Mechanica Sinica. 7, 2 (1964), 139–148. (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Mathematical Department of Fudan University,Mathematical Analysis, end ed, Press of Science and Technology, Shanghai. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Mei Feng-xiang,Mechanical Base of Nonholonomic Systems, Press of Peking Institute of Industry (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar