Problems of U-shaped bellows with nonlinear deformation of large axisymmetrical deflection (I)-counting nonlinear deformations of ring shells and compressed angle of bellows
- 56 Downloads
This paper follows the work of [1,2]. There are some progress in dealing with moderately small rotations (the squares of rotation angles are the order of magnitude of strains) of middle surface normals of inside and outside ring shells and compressed angle of bellows. Calculation results agree with experiments well. To bellow design, the method given in this paper is of practical value and the discussion of the influence of compressed angle on characteristic relation is helpful.
Key wordsU-shaped bellows large axisymmetrical deflection compressed angle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xu Zhi-qiao, et al., Large deflection of U-shaped bellows with varying thickness,J. of Qinghua University,25, 1 (1985), 39–51. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Fan Da-jun,Bellows Design, Beijing Institute of Technology Publishing House (1988). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Chien Wei-zang, et al., Equations of symmetrical ring shell in complex quantities and their general solutions for slender ring shells,J. of Qinghua University,19, 1 (1979) 27–47. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Novozhilov, V. V.,Foundations of Nonlinear Elastic Mechanics, Scientific Publishing House (1958). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Andreeva, L. E.,The Computation and Design of Bellows, Nation Defense Industry Publishing House (1982). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Reissner, E., On axisymmetrical deformations of thin shells of revolution,Proc. Symp. Appl. Math. (Elasticity) (1950), 27–52.Google Scholar
- Novozhilov, V. V.,Theory of Thin Shells, Scientific Publishing House (1962). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Dai Fu-long, Measurement of stress distribution in corrugated tube by photoelastic coating method,Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2 (1984), 224–230. (in Chinese)Google Scholar