Four-point explicit difference schemes for the dispersive equation
- 16 Downloads
A class of three-level explicit difference schemes for the dispersive equation u1=auzzz are established. These schemes have higher stability and involve four mesh points at the middle level. Their local truncation errors are O(τ+h) and stability conditions are from |R|≤0.25 to |R|≤10, where |R|=|a|τ/h3, which, is much better than |R|≤0.25.
Key wordsdispersive equation four-point explicit difference scheme higher stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Qin Meng-zhao, The difference schemes of the dispersive equation ut=auzzz,Mathematica Numerical Sinica,6, 1 (1984), 1–13.Google Scholar
- Wu Hua-mo, Elementary proof of the Schur-Cohn-Miller theorem.Journal on Numerical Methods and Computer Applications,2, 2 (1982), 63–64.Google Scholar
- Dai Jia-zun, Zhao Ning and Xu Yun, On a class of explicit difference schemes for the dispersive equation u1=auzzz Mathematica Numerica Sinica,11, 2 (1989), 172–177.Google Scholar
- Dai Wei-zhong, Stable explicit and semi-explicit three-level difference schemes for the dispersive equation ut=auzzz Journal of Xiamen University (Natural, Science),27, 1 (1988), 116–118. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li Yi and Wu Wei-wen, Explicit difference schemes for the dispersion equation,Journal of Chongqing University, 3 (1990). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Richtmyer, R. D. and K. W. Morton,Difference Methods for Initial-Value Problems, John Wiley and Sons (1967), 68–90.Google Scholar
- Li Yi. A class of three-level explicit difference scheme (to appear)Google Scholar