Nonlinear bending of simply supported rectangular sandwich plates
- 35 Downloads
In this paper, fundamental equations and boundary conditions of the nonlinear bending theory for a rectangular sandwich plate with a soft core are derived by means of the method of calculus of variations. Then the nonlinear bending for a simply supported rectangular sandwich plate under the uniform lateral load is investigated by use of the perturbation method and a quite accurate analytic solution is obtained.
Key wordsrectangular sandwich plate nonlinear bending
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu Ren-huai, Nonlinear axisymmetrical bending of circular sandwich plates under the action of uniform edge moment,Journal of China University of Science and Technology,10, 2 (1980), 56 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liu Ren-huai, Nonlinear bending of circular sandwich plates under the action of axisymmetric uniformly distributed line loads,Progress in Applied Mechanics (edited by Yeh Kai-yuan), Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, Dordrecht (1987), 293.Google Scholar
- Liu Ren-huai and Wu Jian-cheng, Nonlinear vibration of rectangular sandwich plates,Scientia Sinica, Series A,34, 9, (1991).Google Scholar
- Alwan, A. M., Bending of sandwich plates with large deflection,Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers,93, EM3 (1967), 83.Google Scholar
- Kamiya, N., Governing equations for large deflection of sandwich plates,AIAA Journal,5, 9 (1967), 1706.Google Scholar
- Institute of Mechanics of Academia Sinica,Bending, Stability and Vibration of Sandwich Plates and Shells, Science Press, Beijing (1977). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Brown, J. C. and J. M. Harvey, Large deflections of rectangular plates subjected to uniform lateral pressure and compressive edge loading,J. Mech. Eng. Sci.,11, 3 (1969), 305.Google Scholar