An experimental model of pseudotuberculosis infection in monkeys
- 18 Downloads
An experimental model of pseudotuberculosis infection was developed usingPapio hamadryas monkeys. Clinical manifestations and some microbiological and immunological aspects of pseudotuberculosis caused by oral infection of animals are studied. The values of LD50 of the pseudotuberculosis agent are established for monkeys, white mice, and guinea pigs. Oral infection of monkeys with sublethal doses ofYersinia pseudotuberculosis is found to induce a pronounced specific immunity. The efficacy of immunoblotting for serologic diagnosis of pseudotuberculosis in clinically obscure cases is demonstrated.
Key Wordspseudotuberculosis monkeys oral infection immunoblotting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. P. Ashmarin and A. A. Vorob'ev,Statistical Methods in Microbiological Studies [in Russian], Leningrad (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.P. G. Vasil'ev, V. B. Kalininskii, N. T. Vasil'ev,et al., Antibiotiki i Khimioter.,35, No. 6, 29–31 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Znamenskii and A. K. Vishnyakov,Zh. Mikrobiol., No. 2, 125–130 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.L. P. Rozhkova, T. A. Musteikis, and T. P. Mel'nikova, in:Yersiniases (Microbiology, Epidemiology, Clinical Picture, Pathogenesis, Immunology) [in Russian], Vladivostok (1986), pp. 217–220.Google Scholar
- 5.G. D. Serov, V. A. Znamenskii, and A. K. Vishnyakov,Zh. Mikrobiol., No. 6, 146–149 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.G. P. Somov, V. I. Pokrovskii, and N. N. Besednova,Pseudotuberculosis [in Russian], Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Skubis and H. Menge,Z. Gastroenterol.,35, No. 3, Suppl. 53–56 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Towbin, T. Staehelin, and J. Gordon,Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA,76, No. 9, 4350–4354.Google Scholar