Natural frequency for rectangular orthotropic corrugated-core sandwich plates with all edges simply-supported
- 69 Downloads
A simple approach to reduce the governing equations for orthotropic corrugated-core sandwich plates to a single equation containing only one displacement function is presented, and the exact solution of the natural frequencies for rectangular corrugated-core sandwich plates with all edges simply-supported is obtained. Furthermore, two special cases of practical intersts are discussed in details.
Key wordsrectangular sandwich plates corrugated-core orthotropic natural frequency displacement functional exact solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Plantema F J.Sandwich Construction, the Bending and Buckling of Sandwich Beams, Plates and Shells[M]. New York: John Wiley, 1966.Google Scholar
- Allen H G.Analysis and Design of Structural Sandwich Panels[M]. New York: Pergamon Press, 1969.Google Scholar
- Institute of Mechanics of Chinese Academy.Bending Stability and Vibration of Sandwich Plates and Shells[M]. Beijing: Science Press, 1977. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Khatua T P, Cheung Y K. Triangular element for multiplayer sandwich plates[J].ASCE, 1972,98 (EM5): 1225–1238.Google Scholar
- Cheung Y K.Finite Strip Method in Structural Analysis[M]. New York: Pergamon Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Libove C, Batdorf S. A General Small-Deflection Theory for Flat Sandwich Plates[R]. NACA R899, 1948.Google Scholar