Procedure for computing the possibility and fuzzy probability of failure of structures
- 59 Downloads
Traditionally, the calculation of reliability of fuzzy random structures is based on the well-known formulation of probability of fuzzy events. But sometimes the results of this formulation will not indicating the real state of safety of fuzzy-random structures. Based on the possibility theory, a computational procedure for the reliability analysis of fuzzy failure problems and random-fuzzy failure problems of mechanical structures that contain fuzzy variables were presented. A procedure for the analysis of structural reliability of problems of fuzzy failure criterion was also proposed. The failure possibility of fuzzy structures and possibility distribution of the probability of failure of fuzzy-random structures can be given by the proposed methods. It is shown that for the hybrid probabilistic and fuzzy reliability problems, the probability of failure should be suitably taken as a fuzzy variable in order to indicate the real safety of system objectively. Two examples illustrate the validity and rationality of the proposed methods.
Key wordsstructural reliability possibility fuzzy variable fuzzy probability
Chinese Library ClassificationO213.2 TB114.3
2000 MR Subject Classification74K99
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Guang-yuan, CHEN Shu-xun.Soft Design Theory for Engineering Structural System and Applications[M]. National Defense Industry Press, 1996. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- LÜ Zhen-zhou, YUE Zhu-feng, FENG Yuan-sheng. Procedure for the computation of fuzzy random failure probability of wear[J].Mechanical Science and Technology, 1997,16(6):1018–1023.Google Scholar
- GUO Shu-xiang, LÜ Zhen-zhou. A fuzzy reliability approach for structures in the possibility context [J].Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 2002,19(1):1018–1025. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HUAGN Hong-zhong. Fuzzy reliability analysis of generalized static strength of mechanical structure based on fuzzy failure criterion[J].Journal of Mechanical Strength, 2000,22(1):36–40. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- HAN En-hou, CUI Guang-chun. Approach of fuzzy reliability design for fatigue strength[J].Journal of Aeronautics, 1994,15(1):89–93. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Furuta H. Fuzzy logic and its contribution to reliability analysis[A]. In: Rackwitz R, Augusti G,et al. Eds.Reliability Optimization of Structural Systems[C]. Chapman & Hall, 1995:61–76.Google Scholar