Propagation of electromagnetic wave in the three phases soil media
- 100 Downloads
The fundamental parameters such as dielectric permittivity and magnetic permeability are required to solve the propagation of electromagnetic wave (EM Wave) in the soil. Based on Maxwell equations, the equivalent model is proposed to calculate the dielectric permittivity of mixed soil. The results of calculation fit the test data well and will provide solid foundation for the application of EM wave in the soil moisture testing, CT analyzing of soil and the inspecting of geoenvironment.
Key wordselectromagnetic wave dielectric permittivity soil wave propagation
Chinese Library ClassificationTU191.1
2000 MR Subject Classification78A25 35Q60
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- de Loor G P. Dielectric properties of heterogeneous mixtures containing water[J].J Microwave Power, 1968,3(2):67–73.Google Scholar
- Heimovaara T J, Bouten W, Verstraten J M. Frequency domain analysis of time domain reflectometry waveforms-2: A four-component complex dielectric mixing model for soils[J].Water Resour Res, 1994,30(2):200–210.Google Scholar
- Wang J R. The dielectric properties of soil-water mixtures at microwave frequencies[J].Radio Science, 1980,15(5):977–985.Google Scholar
- Wobschall D. A theory of the complex dielectric permittivity of soil containing water: The semidisperse model[J].IEEE Trans Geoscience Electronics, 1997,GE-15(1):49–58.Google Scholar
- Dobson M C, Ulaby F T, Hallikainen M T,et al. Microwave dielectric behavior of wet soil-II: Dielectric mixing models[J].IEEE Trans Geosci Remote Sens, 1985,GE-23(1):35–46.Google Scholar
- Hallikainen M T, Ulaby F T, Dobson M C,et al. Microwave dielectric behavior of wet soil-Part I: Empirical models and experimental observations[J].IEEE Trans Geosci Remote Sens, 1985,GE-23 (1):25–34.Google Scholar
- Bohl H, Roth K. Evaluation of dielectric mixing models to describe the θ (ε) relation[A]. In:Proceedings of the Symposium on Time Domain Reflectometry in Environmental, Infrastructure, and Mining Applications[C]. Sept 7–9, Evanston, Illinois: U S Bureau of Mines, Special Publication SP 1994, NTIS PB95-105789, 1994,309–319.Google Scholar