Lower bound limit analysis of three-dimensional elastoplastic structures by boundary element method
Based on the lower bound theorem of limit analysis, a solution procedure for limit analysis of three-dimensional elastoplastic structures was established using conventional boundary element method (BEM). The elastic stress field for lower bound limit analysis was computed directly by three-dimensional boundary element method (3-D BEM). The self-equilibrium stress field was constructed by the linear combination of several self-equilibrium “basis vectors” which can be computed by elastic-plastic incremental iteration of 3-D BEM analysis. The lower bound limit analysis problem was finally reduced to a series of nonlinear programming sub-problems with relatively few optimal variables. The complex method was used to solve the nonlinear programming sub-problems. The numerical results show that the present solution procedure has good accuracy and high efficiency.
Key wordsBEM lower bound limit analysis self-equilibrium stress field nonlinear programming complex method
Chinese Library Classification numberO344.5
2000 Mathematics Subject Classification74L10 74S15
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- LIU Ying-hua, CEN Zhang-zhi, XU Bin-ye. Upper bound limit analysis of 3-D structures using finite element method[J].Journal of Tsinghua University, 1996,36, (3):47–53 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Maier G, Polizzotto C. A boundary element approach to limit analysis[A]., In: Brebbia C A Futagami T, Tanaka M Eds.Boundary Elements [C]. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1983, 551–556.Google Scholar
- Cen Z, Wang X, Du Q. A coupled finite element-boundary element method for three dimensional elastoplasticity analysis [A]. In: Du Q Ed., On BEM in Eng'g [C]. Beijing: Pergamon Press, 1986, 311–318.Google Scholar
- CEN Zhang-zhi, WANG Xu-cheng, DU Qing-hua. The elastoplastic, analysis by the coupling of boundary element method to finite element method [J].Journal of Tsinghua University, 1988,28 (2):34–43. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Martin J B:Plasticity: Foundation and General Results [M]. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press, 1975, 379–526.Google Scholar
- Zhang, X, Liu Y, Cen Z. A solution procedure for lower bound limit and shakedown analysis by SGBEM[J].Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2000,14(2): 118–129.Google Scholar
- XI Shao-lin, ZHAO Feng-zhi.Computational Methods of Optimization [M]. Shanghai Science and Technology Press of Shanghai, 1983, 370–377. (in Chinese)Google Scholar