Valepotriate content in different in vitro cultures of Valerianaceae and characterization of Valeriana officinalis L. callus during a growth period
- 54 Downloads
Differentin vitro cultures of Valerianaceae were analysed for valepotriate content [(iso)valtrate, acevaltrate, didrovaltrate] in a study on properties of productionin vitro (plant species, growth conditions, differentiation level, valepotriate content of the medium after growth). Thein vitro cultures were: callus cultures ofValeriana officinalis L., Valerianella locusta L. andCentranthus ruber L.DC.; a suspension culture ofValeriana officinalis L. and a root organ culture ofCentranthus ruber L.DC. All of the cultures produced valepotriatesin vitro in different amounts. None of the media that had served for growth contained any valepotriates.
In order to characterize thein vitro growth more precisely different parameters were analysed at different time intervals during a growth period in one of the cultures (callus culture ofValeriana officinalis L.). These different parameters were: fresh and dry weight, lipid and nitrogen content and (iso)valtrate content. This study during a growth period was performed on two media differing in plant hormone content.
KeywordsNitrogen Lipid Internal Medicine Plant Species Growth Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gamborg, O.L., andL.R. Wetter (1975)Plant tissue culture methods, NRCC, Saskatoon, 90.Google Scholar
- Heller, R. (1969)Biologie végétale II: Nutrition et métabolisme. Masson et Cie., Paris, 23.Google Scholar
- Hölzl, J. (1975)Planta Med. 28, 301–314.Google Scholar
- Hölzl, J., andK. Jurcic (1975)Planta Med. 27, 134–139.Google Scholar
- Jensen, W. (1962)Botanical histochemistry. W.H. Freeman and Company, San Francisco, 209.Google Scholar
- Mannetstätter, E., H. Gerlach andW. Poethke (1968)Pharm. Zentralhalle 107, 261–269.Google Scholar
- Schrall, R., andH. Becker (1980)Acta Hortic. 96, 75–80.Google Scholar
- Thies, P.W., andS. Funke (1966a)Tetrahedron Letters II, 1155–1162;Ibidem (1966b) 1163–1170.Google Scholar
- Von Eickstedt, K.W. andS. Rahman (1969)Arzneim. forsch. 19, 316–319.Google Scholar
- Wagner, H., K. Jurcic andR. Schaette (1980)Planta Med. 38, 358–365.Google Scholar
- Wagner, H., R. Schaette, L. Hörhammer andJ. Hölzl (1972)Arzneim. Forsch. 22, 1204–1209.Google Scholar