Absorption spectra of 2-alkylnitramino-substituted 4(or 6)-methyl-5-nitropyridines and 2-(N-alkyl-N-nitrosoamino)-substituted 4(or 6)-methyl-3(or 5)-nitropyridines
- 31 Downloads
Electronic spectra of nine title compounds were measured and the substituent effect on λmax and εmax has been discussed. Competitive electron withdrawing by both the nitro groups in a molecule and a disturbance of mutual electronic interaction of substituent by a stericortho effect were found. The preparation of five new 2-(N-alkyl-N-nitrosoamino)-4-and6-methyl-5-nitro-and2-(N-methyl-N-nitrosoamino)-6-methyl-3-nitropyridines is described.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Absorption Spectrum Electronic Spectrum Nitro Group Title Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Palasek, A. Puszko, and H. Ban-Oganowska,Spectrochim. Acta, in press.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Wandas, A. Puszko, and H. Ban-Oganowska, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1228 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.G. V. Kulkami and A. Ray,Mol. Struct.,71, 253 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Palasek and Z. Talik,Prace Nauk. AE (Wroclaw),291, 111 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Pupin and T. Talik,Prace Nauk. AE. (Wroclaw),291, 90 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Yamakawa, T. Kubota, and K. Ezumi,Spectrochim. Acta,30, 2103 (1974).Google Scholar