Homolytic addition of cyclic ethers to crotonic acid
- 37 Downloads
It has been found that the route of addition of tetrahydrofuran and dioxane to crotonic acid depends on the temperature of the reaction. A feature of the synthesized oxacycloalkylbutyric acids is the existence of an intramolecular hydrogen bond involving the oxygen atom of the heterocycle.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogen Ether Hydrogen Bond Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. G. Galust'yan, A. M. Rashkes, and Ch. Sh. Kadyrov, USSR Patent 241454, Byul. Izobr., No. 14 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.G. G. Galust'yan and Ch. Sh. Kadyrov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 1, 147 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Dombrovskii, Usp. Khim.,30, 1453 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.K. N. Kovalenko, N. A. Trifonov and T. S. Tissen, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,26, 403 (1956).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Ryabov, Yu. D. Senchikov, and N. N. Slavnitskaya, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,145, 822 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.K. V. Vatsuro and G. L. Mishchenko, Named Reactions in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1976), p. 9.Google Scholar