Central limit theorems for the one-dimensional Rayleigh gas with semipermeable barriers
- 53 Downloads
A version of the one-dimensional Rayleigh gas is considered: a point particle of massM (molecule), confined to the unit interval [0,1], is surrounded by an infinite ideal gas of point particles of mass 1 (atoms). The molecule interacts with the atoms and with the walls via elastic collision. Central limit theorems are proved for a wide class of additive functionals of this system (e.g. the number of collisions with the walls and the total length of the molecular path).
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Limit Theorem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Doob, J.: Stochastic processes, New York: Wiley 1953Google Scholar
- 4.Erdös, L., Tuyen, D. Q.: Ergodic properties of the multidimensional Rayleigh gas with a semipermeable barrier. To appear in J. Stat. Phy.Google Scholar
- 7.Harris, T. E.: Diffusions with collisions between particles. J. Appl. Probab.2, 323–338 (1965)Google Scholar
- 8.Orey, S.: Recurrent Markov chains. Pacific J. Math.9, 3, 805–827 (1959)Google Scholar
- 10.Soloveychik, M. R.: Ergodic properties of a system of statistical mechanics with an external potential (in Russian). Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser. Mat.53, 1, 179–199 (1989)Google Scholar
- 11.Soloveychik, M. R.: Sufficient conditions for Bernoulliness of aK-system and its application in the classical statistical mechanics (in Russian). Mat. Zametki45, 2, 105–112 (1989)Google Scholar
- 12.Spitzer, F.: Uniform motion with elastic collisions of an infinite particle system. J. Math. Mech.18, 973–989 (1969)Google Scholar