Some comments on the original Kaluza-Klein theory
- 19 Downloads
In this note the basis of the Kaluza-Klein theory is examined critically and it is pointed out that the five-dimensional version can't work in the way that was originally intended. The reason why the problem was not noted originally is elucidated.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Green, M.B. and J.H. Schwarz,Phys. Lett. 149B (1984), 117. P. Candelas, G.T. Horowitz, A. Strominger and E. WittenNuc.Phys. B258 (1985), 46.Google Scholar
- Van Nieuwenhuizen, P.,Physics Reports 68 (1981), 189.Google Scholar
- Duff, M.J.,GR11 Conference Proceedings (to appear).Google Scholar
- Kaluza, T.,Sitzungsber d. Berl. Akad (1921), S.966.Google Scholar
- Klein, O.,Z. Phys. 37 (1926), 895.Google Scholar