Nonlinear analyses for the postbuckling behaviors of annular and circular thin plates
- 15 Downloads
In this paper we apply the modified method of multiple scales to study the postbuckling behaviors of annular and circular thin plates. The asymptotic solutions have been constructed, the ultimate loads have been determined, and the relations between the length of twisted waves formed by buckling and the flexural rigidity of plates have been discovered.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Thin Plate Nonlinear Analysis Multiple Scale
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Timoshenko, S.P. and J.M. Gere,Theory of Elastic Stability, McGraw Hill (1961).Google Scholar
- Wolimir, A.C.,Soft Plates and Shells, 4.7 (1956). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Chia Chuan-yuan,Nonlinear Analysis of Plates, McGraw Hill (1980).Google Scholar
- Qin Sheng-li, Zhang Ai-shu, On the problems of buckling of an annular thin plate,Applied Math. and Mech.,6, 1 (1985), 169–183.Google Scholar
- Jing Fu-ru, Some applications of perturbation method in thin plate bending problems,Applied Math. and Mech.,1, 1 (1980), 37–53.Google Scholar
- Jiang Fu-ru, Unsymmetrical bending of annular and circular thin plates under various supports (I),Applied Math. and Mech.,3, 5 (1982), 683–695.Google Scholar
- Jiang Fu-ru, Unsymmetrical bending of annular and circular thin plates under various supports (II),Applied Math. and Mech.,5, 2 (1984), 1173–1184.Google Scholar