Space variable transform method for free vibration analysis of thick cylindrical shell with arbitrary boundary conditions
- 27 Downloads
In this paper, a general analytical method-space variable transform method is presented for solving free vibration problems of thick cylindrical shell with arbitrary boundary conditions. Free vibration characteristics of cantilever thick cylindrical shell are evaluated by the presented method, and the numerical results are compared with the corresponding results of thin shell theory and experimental values. Theoretical analysis and calculating results show that the method presented in this paper has good convergence and accuracy and can be extended to analyze free vibration of beams. plates and shells.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Theoretical Analysis Industrial Mathematic Cylindrical Shell Free Vibration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Leissa, A.W.,Vibration of Shells, NASA SP-288 (1973).Google Scholar
- Chung, H., Free vibration analysis of circular cylindrical shells,J. Sound Vib.,74, 3 (1981).Google Scholar
- Mirsky, I. and G. Herrmann, Nonaxially symmetric motions of cylindrical shells,J. Acoust. Soc. Am.,29, 10 (1957).Google Scholar
- Bhimaraddi, A., A higher order theory for free vibration analysis of circular cylindrical shells,Int. J. Solids Structures,20, 7 (1984).Google Scholar
- Weng Zhi-yuan, et al., Vibration of elastic thick cylindrical shells,J. of Tongji Univ., 1 (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Ni Hai-ying, Theoretical and experimental study for dynamic interaction of underground thick cylindrical shell and media, Ph. D. thesis, Tongji Univ. (1987). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu Yong-yi, Dynamic analysis of offshore or land liquid-storage tank, Master thesis, Tongji Univ. (1986). (in Chinese)Google Scholar