The expression of free energy for thermoelastic material and its relation to the variable material coefficients
- 37 Downloads
The expression of free energy is expanded in a power series, in which there aren't any terms of order higher than third in the temperature increments θ* and second in the strains γij in this paper. The regular patterns of the material coefficients changing with temperature increments can be derived from this expression, These regulations accord with the experimental graph in references but the constants in the expression of free energy must be determined by experimental data.
It is pointed out that the variable modulus of elasticity E and shearing modulus of elasticity G are independent of each other, but the rest of the coefficients are related to them.
KeywordsExperimental Data Mathematical Modeling Free Energy Shear Modulus Power Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Takeati, Y.,Thermal Stresses. Translated by T.Y. Guo etc., Science Press (1977). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Muramatsu, T., Elastic moduli in high temperature.J. of J.S.M.E.,68, 562, Nov. (1965), 1623–1628. (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- Goldsmith, A., T.E. Waterman and H.J. Hirschhorn,Handbook of Thermophysical Properties of Solid Materials.2, Pergamon Press (1962).Google Scholar
- Dillon, O.W., A nonlinear thermoelasticity theory,J. Mech. Phys. Solids.10 (1962).Google Scholar
- Parkus, H.,Thermoelasticity. Springer-Verlag (1976).Google Scholar
- Oden. J.T.,Finite Elements of Nonlinear Continua. McGraw-Hill, Inc. (1972).Google Scholar