Singularly perturbed phenomena of semilinear second order systems
In this paper we consider singular perturbed phenomena of semilinear second order systems, under appropriate assumptions, the existence and asymptotic behavior as ε→0+of solution of vector boundary value problem are proved by constructing special invariant regions in which solutions display so-called boundary layer phenomena and angular layer phenomena.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Boundary Layer Asymptotic Behavior Industrial Mathematic Order System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, K.W. and F.A. Howes,Nonlinear Singular Perturbation Phenomena: Theory and Applications, Springer-Verlag, New York, Berlin, Heidelberg, Tokyo (1984).Google Scholar
- O'Malley, R.E.,Introduction to Singular Perturbation, Academic Press, New York, London (1974).Google Scholar
- Chang, K.W. and Lin Zong-chi, Singular perturbation of nonlinear boundary value problem.Applied Mathematics and Mechanics,5, 5 (1984), 1571–1579.Google Scholar
- Kelley, W.G., A nonlinear singular perturbation problem for second order systems,SIAM J. Math. Anal.,10, 1 (1979), 32–37.Google Scholar
- Howes, F.A., Singularly perturbed semilinear systems,Studies in Applied Math.,61 (1979). 185–209.Google Scholar
- O'Donnell, M.A., Boundary and corner layer behavior in singularly perturbed semilinear system of boundary value problem,SIAM, J. Math. Anal., 2 (1984).Google Scholar
- Chang, K.W. and G.X. Liu, Boundary and angular layer behavior in singularly perturbed semilinear system,Appl. Math. and Mech.,5, 3 (1984), 1309–1316.Google Scholar
- Chang, K.W. and Lin Zong-chi, Singular perturbation for a class of semilinear second order systems with perturbation both in boundary and in operator,Acta Mathematica Scientia,5, 2 (1985), 223–241.Google Scholar
- Kelley, W.G., A geometric method of studying two point boundary value problems for second order systems,Rocky Mountain J. Math.,7 (1977), 251–263.Google Scholar