Melnikov function and Poincaré map
- 59 Downloads
In this paper we give the relationship between Melnikov function and Poincaré map. and a new proof for Melnikov's method. The advantage of our paper is to give a more explicit solution and to make Melnikov function for the subharmonics bifurcation and Melnikov function which the stable manifolds and unstable manifolds intersect transversely into a formula.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Manifold Industrial Mathematic Explicit Solution Unstable Manifold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li Li, The periodic solution of a class of strongly nonlinear system,Proceedings of International Conference on Nonlinear Mechanics, Science Press (1985).Google Scholar
- Xu Shao, A new asymptotic method for nonlinear mechanics,Acta Mechanics Sinica,17 (1985). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Melnikov, V. K., On the stability of the center for time periodic perturbations,Trais Moscow Math. Soc.,12 (1963), 1–57.Google Scholar
- Chow, S. N., J. K. Hale and J. Mallet-Paret, An example of bifurcation to homoclinic orbits,J. Diff. Eqs.,37 (1980), 357–373.Google Scholar
- Holmes, P. J. Averaging and chaotic motions in forced oscillations,SIAM J.Appl. Math.,38 (1980).Google Scholar
- Liu Zheng-rong, Yao Wei-guo and Zhu Zhao-xuan, Road to chaos for a soft spring system under weak periodic disturbance,Applied Mathematics and Mechanics,7, 2 (1986), 111–116.Google Scholar