On the boundedness and the stability properties of solution of certain fourth order differential equations
- 21 Downloads
This paper investigates equation (1) in two cases: (i)P≡0, (ii)P(≠0) satisfies ¦P (t,x,y,z,w)¦⩽(A+¦y¦+¦z¦ + ¦w¦)q(t)., where q(t) is a nonnegative function of t. For case (i) the asymptotic stability in the large of the trivial solution x=0 is investigated and for case (ii) the boundedness result is obtained for solutions of equation (1) These results improve and include several well-known results.
Key wordsnonlinear differential equations of the four order boundedness stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Reissig, R., G. Sansone, and R. Conti,Nonlinear Differential Equations of Higher Order, Noodhoff Lenden (1974).Google Scholar
- Qin Yuan-xun, Wang Mu-qiu and Wang Lian,Theory and Application of Stability of Motion, Academic Press, Beijing (1981). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lu Ting-he, Shen Jia-qi and Jin Jun, Construction and application Lyapunov function for fourth order equations,J. Shanghai Normal Univ.,2 (1982). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Shen Jia-qin, Lu Ting-he and Jin Jun, Constructions of Lyapunov functions for a class of fourth order equations,J. Shanghai Normal Univ.,3 (1983). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Liang Zai-zhong, On the stability of solutions of nonlinear fourth order equations,J. Beijing Univ. Tech.,2 (1984). (in Chinese)Google Scholar