Thick rectangular plates with free edges on elastic foundations
- 44 Downloads
In this paper an accurate solution for the thick rectangular plate with free edges laid on elastic foundation is presented. The superposition method of trigonometric series is used. The method can solve this kind of plates directly and simply. Its results completely satisfy the boundary conditions of the four free edges and nicely agree with the solutions by Wang Ke-lin and Huang Yi.
Key wordselastic foundation Winkler's assumption thick plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Reissner E., The effect to transverse shear deformation of the bending of elastic plates,J. Appl. Mech.,12, 2 (1945), 4-68–4-77.Google Scholar
- Wang Ke-lin and Huang Yi, Thick rectangular plates with four free edges on elastic foundations,ACTA Mech. Solida Sinica., 1 (1986) 37–49. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang ke-lin and Huang Yi, Rectangular plates with four free edges on elastic foundations,Com. Stru. Mech. and Appl.,1, 2 (1985), 47–57. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Friderick D., Thick rectangular plates on an elastic foundation,Tran. of ASCE,122 (1957), 1069–1085.Google Scholar
- Timoshenko S. and S. Woinowdy-krieger,Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc. (1959), 174–188.Google Scholar