Occurrence of strange AxiomA attractors near quasi periodic flows onT m ,m≧3
It is shown that by a smallC2 (resp.C∞) perturbation of a quasiperiodic flow on the 3-torus (resp. them-torus,m>3), one can produce strange AxiomA attractors. Ancillary results and physical interpretation are also discussed.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics Quantum Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hénon, M.: A two-dimensional mapping with a strange attractor. Commun. math. Phys.50, 69–77 (1976)Google Scholar
- 2.Lorenz, E.N.: Deterministic nonperiodic flow. J. Atmos. Sci.20, 130–141 (1963)Google Scholar
- 3.Newhouse, S.: Diffeomorphisms with infinitely many sinks. Topology13, 9–18 (1974)Google Scholar
- 4.Newhouse, S.: The abundance of wild hyperbolic sets and non-smooth stable sets for diffeomorphisms. Publ. Math. IHES (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Plykin, R.V.: Sources and currents ofA-diffeomorphisms of surfaces. Math. Sb.94, 2(6), 243–264 (1974)Google Scholar
- 6.Ruelle, D., Takens, F.: On the nature of turbulence. Commun. math. Phys.20, 167–192 (1971);23, 343–344 (1971)Google Scholar
- 7.Smale, S.: Differentiable dynamical systems. Bull. Am. Math. Soc.73, 747–817 (1967)Google Scholar
- 8.Williams, R.F.: Expanding attractors. Publ. Math. IHES43, 169–204 (1973)Google Scholar
- 9.Young, L.S.: Entropy of continuous flows on compact 2-manifolds. Topology16, 469–471 (1977)Google Scholar