Note on the critical variational state in elasticity theory
- 18 Downloads
to original functions.
to original functionals one can also eliminate the constraint condation of strain-stress by the high-order Lagrange multiplier method. With this methods, we find more general form of functional of generalized variational principle ever known to us from Hellinger-Reissner principle. In particular, this more general form of functional can be reduced into all known functions of existing generalized variational principles in elasticity. Similarly, we can also find more general form of functional from H. C. Hu-Washizu principle[4,5].
KeywordsLagrange Multiplier Critical State Variational Principle Elasticity Theory Constraint Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Chien Wei-zany, Method of high-order Lagrange multiplier and generalized variational principles of clasticity with, more genoral forme of functionals Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, Vol. 4, No. 2 (1983).Google Scholar
- (2).Hellinger, E., Der Allgemeine Ansats der Meshanik der Kontirua, clopadia der Mathematishem Wissenshaften, Vol. 4, IV (1914), 602–604.Google Scholar
- (3).Keissner, E., On a variational theorem in elasticity, Journal of Matimulatics and Physics, 29, 2(1950), 90–95.Google Scholar
- (4).Hu Hai-Chang, On some variational, principles in the theory of clasticity and the theory of plasticity. Scientia Sinica, 4, 1(1955), 33. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- (5).Washizu, K., On the variational principles of elasticity and plasticity Aeroclastic and Structures Research Laboratory, Masschusetts Institute Technology, Technical Report, 25–18, March (1955).Google Scholar