Decomposition of symmetric tensor and its application
- 21 Downloads
In this paper any symmetric tensor is decomposed into the sum of two tensors. One of them is a “type of stress” tensor, and another is a “type of strain” tensor. The inner product space of symmetric tensor is decomposed into the sum of two orthogonal subspaces. The geometric meaning of several principles in the theory of elasticity is given.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Product Space Geometric Meaning Symmetric Tensor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Synge, J. L., The Hypercircle in Mathematical Physics, Cambridge University Press (1957).Google Scholar
- (2).Oden, J. T. and J. N. Reddy, Variational Methods in Theoretical Mechanics, Spring-Verlag (1976).Google Scholar
- (3).Hu Hai-chang, On the ratonal utilization of generalized variational principles for approximate solutions, Acta Mechanica Sinica, 1 (1982), 1–17, (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- (4).Fichera, G., Existence Theorem in Elasticity, Vol. a 2, Handbuch der Physik, edited by C. Truesdeli Berlin-Heideberg-New York, Spring (1972).Google Scholar
- (5).Nadeau, G., Introduction to Elasticity, Holt, Rinehart and Winton, INC (1964).Google Scholar