Analysis of thin parallelogram plates' bending by spline-finite-strip method
- 31 Downloads
Spline finite strip has been successfully applied in solving right plates and shells by Cheung et al in 1982. In this paper, the method is extended to the analysis of parallelogram plate. This extension still retains the banded nature of the spline finite strip and only small amount of extra computing effort is required. Furthermore, the discretisation error of the above method is established theoretically as a general case for the spline finite strip method.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Computing Effort Discretisation Error Strip Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).Zienkiewicz, O.C., The Finite Element Method, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, U.K., (1974).Google Scholar
- (2).Cheung, Y.K., Finite Strip Method in Structural Analysis, 1st Ed., Pergamon Press, (1976).Google Scholar
- (3).Cheung, Y.K., S.C. Fan and C.Q. Wu, Spline Finite Strip in Structural Analysis, Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Finite Element Method, Shanghai, (1982), 704–709.Google Scholar
- (4).Schultz, M.H., Spline Analysis, Prentice-Hall Inc., (1973).Google Scholar
- (5).Li, Y.S. and D.X. Qi, Spline Method, Science Press, (1979). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- (6).Ciarlet, P.G., Numerical Analysis of Finite Element Method (Chinese Version), (1975).Google Scholar
- (7).Ramstad, H., Parallelogram Elements in Bending, Accuracy and Convergence of Results, Div. of Structural Mechanics, The Technical University of Norway, (1967).Google Scholar