Seismic responses for multi-storeyed buildings composed of nonorthogonal members under bi-directional horizontal earthouake ground motions
- 18 Downloads
This paper presents a method for analyzing both linear and nonlinear seismic responses of multistoreyed buildings composed of nonorthogonal structural members under the action of bi-directional horizontal earthquake waves. Different kinds of restoring force model are used. An efficient computer programme for the computation of nonlinear seismic response of the structure was worked out. In order to illustrate the application of this method, an example of a ten-storeyed building of such sort is given.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Computer Programme Ground Motion Industrial Mathematic Seismic Response
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Clough, R.W. and Penzien, J., Dynamics of structure (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.Umemura, H., Analysis of the behavior of R. C. structures during earthquake based on the empirical estimation of inelastic restoring force characteristics of members, 5 WCEE (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.Muto, K., High-rise buildings—Structure (in Japanese) 1973.Google Scholar
- 4.Aoyama, H., Simple nonlinear models for the seismic response of R. C. Buildings Proceedings of the Review Meeting U.S.-Japan Co-operative Research Program in Earthquake with Emphasis on the Safety of School Buildings (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.Wei Lian, Zhu Jing-xin and Jiang Zhi-li, Nonlinear earthquake response of multi-storeyed structures taking account of torsion, 7 WCEE (1980).Google Scholar