An entropy inequality for quantum measurements
- 165 Downloads
It is proved that for an ideal quantum measurement the average entropy of the reduced states after the measurement is not greater than the entropy of the original state.
KeywordsEntropy Neural Network Statistical Physic Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Neumann, J. von: Mathematical foundations of quantum mechanics. Princeton: University Press 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.Ruelle, D.: Statistical mechanics. New York: Benjamin 1969.Google Scholar
- 3.Groenewold, H.J.: Int. J. Theor. Phys.4, 327 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.Lanford, O. E., Robinson, D. W.: J. Math. Phys.9, 1120 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.Hardy, G. H., Littlewood, J. E., Polya, G.: Inequalities. Cambridge: University Press 1934.Google Scholar
- 6.Gohberg, I. C., Krein, M. G.: Introduction to the theory of linear nonselfadjoint operators. Providence: Am. Math. Soc. 1969.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1972