Quadratic forms over formally real fields with eight square classes
- 24 Downloads
Complete classification of formally real fields with 8 square classes with respect to the behaviour of quadratic forms is given. Two fields F and K are equivalent with respect to quadratic forms if the quadratic form schemes of the two fields are isomorphic or in other words, if the Witt rings W(F) and W(K) are isomorphic. It is shown here that for formally real fields with 8 square classes there are exactly seven possible quadratic form schemes and for each of the seven schemes a formally real field with 8 square classes and the given scheme is constructed.
KeywordsQuadratic Form Number Theory Algebraic Geometry Topological Group Form Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CORDES, C.M.: The Witt group and the equivalence of fields with respect to quadratic forms. J. Algebra26, 400–421 (1973)Google Scholar
- CORDES, C.M.: Quadratic forms over non-formally real fields with a finite number of quaternion algebras. Pacific J. Math.63, 357–366 (1976)Google Scholar
- KULA, M.: Fields with non-trivial Kaplansky's radical and finite square class number. Acta Arith. (to appear)Google Scholar
- KULA, M.: Fields with prescribed quadratic form schemes. Math. Zeit. (to appear)Google Scholar
- PFISTER, A.: Quadratische Formen in beliebigen Körpern. Invent. Math.1, 116–132 (1966)Google Scholar
- SZYMICZEK, K.: Quadratic forms over fields with finite square class number. Acta Arith.28, 195–221 (1975)Google Scholar
- SZYMICZEK, K.: Quadratic forms over fields. Dissertationes Math.152, 1–67 (1977)Google Scholar