Stretched exponential decay in a kinetic Ising model with dynamical constraint
- 71 Downloads
We show that for the standard nearest neighbor spin-flip dynamics in one dimension with the constraint of constant energy the spin-spin correlation function decays as exp\([ - c\sqrt t ]\) for larget. We prove an upper and lower bound. The coefficientc of the lower bound is given as the solution of a variational problem and is conjectured to be exact.
KeywordsNeural Network Statistical Physic Correlation Function Complex System Nonlinear Dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Palmer, R., Stein, D., Abrahams, E., Anderson, P.W.: Models of hierarchically constrained dynamics for glassy relaxation. Phys. Rev. Lett.53, 958–961 (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.Fredrickson, G.H., Andersen, H.C.: Kinetic Ising model of the glass transition. Phys. Rev. Lett.53, 1244–1247 (1984)Google Scholar
- 3.Fredrickson, G.H.: Linear and nonlinear experiments for a spin model with cooperative dynamics. Ann. NY Acad. Sci.484, 185–205 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Skinner, J.L.: Kinetic Ising model for polymer dynamics. J. Chem. Phys.79, 1955–1963 (1983)Google Scholar
- 5.Budimir, J., Skinner, J.L.: Kinetic Ising model for polymer dynamics. II. J. Chem. Phys.82, 5232–5241 (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Liggett, T.M.: Interacting particle systems. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1985Google Scholar
- 7.Holley, R.: Rapid convergence to equilibrium in one-dimensional stochastic Ising models. Ann. Probab.13, 72–89 (1985)Google Scholar
- 8.Huse, D., Fisher, D.: Dynamics of droplet fluctuations in pure and random Ising systems. Phys. Rev. B35, 6841–6846 (1987)Google Scholar
- 9.Sokal, A., Thomas, L.: Absence of a mass gap for a class of stochastic contour models. J. Stat. Phys.51, 907–947 (1988)Google Scholar
- 10.Kipnis, C., Olla, S., Varadhan, S.R.S.: Hydrodynamics and large deviation for simple exclusion processes (preprint)Google Scholar
- 11.DeMasi, A., Presutti, E., Scacciatelli, E.: The weakly asymmetric simple exclusion process. Ann. Inst. H. Poincaré (to appear)Google Scholar