Protein composition of follicular fluid and oocyte cleavage occurrence in in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- 61 Downloads
The present study was carried out from in vitro fertilization (IVF) attempts to analyze further the total and specific protein contents of 47 follicular fluids yielding one oocyte. The aim was to find correlations between the follicular concentrations of such proteins and the occurrence of coupled oocyte cleavage. These findings would be used as markers of IVF outcome. Two groups of follicular samples were distinguished: one group with cleavage occurrence (25 cases) and another group without cleavage or even fertilization (22 cases). In the group with cleavage a significantly higher level was observed for six proteins: C3 complement fraction and ceruleoplasmin (P <0.02), α-antitrypsin and transferrin (P <0.01), and α2-macroglobulin and β2-microglobulin (P <0.001). The data are discussed with respect to changes in follicle permeability with advancing maturity.
Key wordsfollicular fluid follicular proteins in vitro fertilization oocyte
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Veeck LL: Morphological estimation of mature oocytes and their preparation for insemination.In In Vitro Fertilization, HW Jones Jr, GS Jones, GD Hodgen, Z Rosenwaks (eds). Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1986, pp 81–93Google Scholar
- 3.Carson RS, Trounson AO, Findlay JK: Successful fertilization of human oocyte in vitro: concentration of estradiol-17 beta, progesterone and androstenedione in the antral fluid of donor follicles. JCEM 1982;55:798–800Google Scholar
- 5.Pellicer A, Diamond MP, DeCherney AH, Naftolin F: Intraovarian markers of follicular and oocyte maturation. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1987;4:205–217Google Scholar
- 6.Edwards RG: Follicular fluid. J Reprod Fert 1974;37:189–219Google Scholar
- 7.Fisch B, Goldberg I, Ovadia J, Tadir Y: Physicochemical properties of follicular fluid and their relation to in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcome. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1990;7:67–73Google Scholar
- 11.Vauthier D, Lefebvre G, Gonzalès J, Lesourd S, Antreassian J, Lagoguey M, Wright F: In vitro fertilization and embryo transfer at “Groupe hospitalier Pitié-Salpêtrière,” Paris, France. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1986;3:263–264Google Scholar
- 12.Gornall AG, Bardawill CJ, David M: Determination of serum proteins by means of Biuret reaction. J Biol Chem 1949;177:751–766Google Scholar
- 15.Schwartz D (ed): Méthodes statistiques à l'usage des médecins et des biologistes. Paris, Flammarion Médecine Sciences, 1981Google Scholar
- 16.Martin B, Rotten D, Jolivet A, Gautray JP: Binding of steroids by proteins in follicular fluid of the human ovary. JCEM 1981;53:443–447Google Scholar
- 19.Entman SS, Maxson WS, Bradley CA, Osteen K, Webster BW, Vaughn WK, Wentz AC: Follicular fluid transferrin levels in preovulatory human follicles. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1987;4:98–102Google Scholar