The Hilbert function of curves on certain smooth quartic surfaces
- 27 Downloads
The Riemann-Roch problem for divisors on a smooth surface in ℙ3 is studied. This problem is solved for some smooth quartic surfaces which are called Mori quartics; as a consequence the Hilbert function of any integral curve on a Mori quartic is determined.
KeywordsSmooth Surface Number Theory Algebraic Geometry Topological Group Integral Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]BEAUVILLE, A.: “Complex Algebraic Surfaces”, Camb.Univ.Press, (1983)Google Scholar
- [BPV]BARTH,W., PETERS,C., VAN DE VEN,A.:“Compact Complex Surfaces”, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York-Tokyo (1984)Google Scholar
- [C]CHIARLI,N.:“Completeness and Non-Speciality of Linear Series on Space Curves and Deficiency of the Corresponding Linear Series on Normalization”, Ann. di Mat.pura e appl.(IV), Vol. CXLI (1985) 177–186Google Scholar
- [G]GIUFFRIDA,S.: “The Hilbert function of a curve lying on a smooth cubic surface”, Ann.di Mat.pura e appl., (IV), Vol. CLIII (1988) 275–292Google Scholar
- [GM1]GIUFFRIDA,S., MAGGIONI,R.:“On the resolution of a curve lying on a smooth cubic surface in ℙ3”, to appear on Trans. A.M.S.Google Scholar
- [GM2]GIUFFRIDA,S., MAGGIONI,R.:“On the Rao module of a curve lying on a smooth cubic surface in ℙ3”, to appear on Comm.in Alg.Google Scholar
- [H]HARTSHORNE,R.:“Algebraic Geometry”, Springer-Verlag,Berlin-Heidelberg-New York (1977)Google Scholar
- [M]MORI,S.:“On degrees and genera of curves on smooth quartic surfaces in ℙ3”, Nagoya Math.J., Vol.96 (1984) 127–132Google Scholar
- [N]NAGELL,T.:“Introduction to Number Theory”, Chelsea Publ.Co., New York (1964)Google Scholar
- [SD]SAINT-DONAT,B.:“Projective models of K3 surfaces”,Am.J.Math. 96 (1974) 602–639Google Scholar
- [Z]ZARISKI,O.: “The theorem of Riemann-Roch for high multiples of an effective divisor on an algebraic surface”, Ann.of Math.,Vol.76, n.3 (1962) 560–615Google Scholar