Photochromic and thermochromic spiranes. 20.* Photochromic properties of solid-phase films of novel formyl-substituted spiropyrans of the indoline series
- 50 Downloads
We have synthesized novel forrnyl-substituted spiropyrans of the indoline series. We have obtained solid phase amorphous films of the synthesized spiropyrans bv thermal vacuum deposition and established their capacity for photochrornic transformations. We have investigated the effect of the substituents on the spectral properties of the original and colored forms of the solid-phase spiropyran films. We have shown that the kinetic characteristics of the photochromic transformations of these compounds in solid-phase films depend considerably on the bulk of the substituents in the indoline and benzopyran moieties, and also their electron active properties in the latter. Along with reversible processes, in the solid-phase spiropyran films we have observed irreversible photoreactions leading to degradation of the photochromic system.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Spectral Property Reversible Process Kinetic Characteristic Active Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. S. Luk'yunov. N. 8. Ivanov, L E. Nivorozhkin, V. L Minkin, and G. S. Borodkin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1253 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Guglielmetti, in: Photochromism: Molecules and Systems, H. Durr and H. Bouas-Laurent (eds.), Elsevier, Amsterdam (1990), p. 314.Google Scholar
- 3.R. C. Bertelson, in: Techniques in Chemistry, G. H. Brown (ed. Wiley, New York (1971), p. 45.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Nakayama, I. Shimizu, H. Kakado and E. Inone, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn.,44, 3203 (1071).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Yoshida, A. Mhinaka, and N. Funakoshi, l Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun., No. 2, 437 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Yoshida, A. Mivinaka, and N. Funakoshi, Thin Solid Films, 162, 343 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.V. Minkin, Mol. Cyrst. Liq. Cryst.,246 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.R. V. Blok, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,52 1683 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Hinnen, C. Audic, and B. Gantron, Bull. Soc. Chim. France, No. 5, 2066 (1968).Google Scholar