Synthesis of dialkyltetrahydrobenz[f]iso-indoline, dialkyl-4-δ′-cyclohexenylbenz[f]iso-indoline, and dimethyl-4-alkenylnaphth[f]iso-indolive salts through base-catalyzed intramolecular cyclization of quaternary ammonium salts
- 41 Downloads
Dialkylpropargyl(3-,Δ′-cyclohexenylpropargyl)amrnonium salts are cyclized in the presence of a base catalyst to give dialkyltetrahydrobenzlfliso-indoline salts in high yields. When the 3-Δ′-cyclohexenylpropargyl and 3 phenylpropargyl groups are both present in the ammonium salt molecule, cyclization proceeds in more than one direction. Salts which contain both the 3-a-naphthylpropargyl and 3-alkenylpropargyl groups are also cyclized in two possible ways.
KeywordsAmmonium Organic Chemistry Quaternary Ammonium Base Catalyst Quaternary Ammonium Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. E. Karapetyan, S. T. Kocharyan, and A. T. Babayan, Zh. Org. Khim. (issue awaiting publication).Google Scholar
- 2.A. T. Babayan, É. O. Chukhadzhyan, and G. T. Babayan, Zh. Org. Khim.,6, 1 161 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.A. T. Babayan, É. O. Chukhadzhyan, and L. A. Manasyan, Arm. Khim. Zh.,31, 489 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.A. T. Babayan, É. O. Chukhadzhyan, Él. O. Chukhadzhyan, and G. L. Gabrielyan, Arm. Khim. Zh.,29, 173 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.A. T. Babayan, É. O. Chukhadzhyan, Él. O. Chukhadzhyan, G. L. Gabrielyan, V. G. Andrianov, A. A. Karapetyan, and Yu. T. Struchkov, Arm. Khim. Zh.,32, 881 (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.A. T. Babayan, É. O. Chukhadzhyan, K. G. Shakhatuni, S. V. Lindeman, and Yu. T. Struchkov, Arm. Khim. Zh.,37, 44 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.L. A. Kazitsyna and N. B. Kupletskaya, Application of UV, IR, NMR and Mass Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry, Moscow State University, Moscow (1979), p. 33.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Stern and K. Timmons, Electron Absorption Spectroscopy in Organic Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1974), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 9.A. T. Babayan, K. Ts. Tagmazyan, G. T. Babayan, and A. T. Oganesyan, Zh. Org. Khim.,4, 1323 (1968).Google Scholar
- 10.E. O. Chukhadzhyan, El. O. Chukhadzhyan, K. G. Shakhatuni, and A. T. Babayan, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 615 (1989).Google Scholar