Study of the mechanism of recyclization of furans into thiophenes and selenophenes in conditions of acid catalysis. 4. study of the effect of the solvent and direction of reactions of hydrolysis and recyclization of 2,5-dimethylfuran
- 51 Downloads
The kinetics of hydrolysis of 2,5-dimethylfuran and its recyclization into the corresponding thiophene were investigated in water-alcohol medium W R I and 50% ethyl alcohol in the presence of HCl. It was found that the rates of these reactions are a function of both the initial concentration of the acid component and the concentration of water in the alcohol. The rate of hydrolysis is a function of the dilution of the alcohol to a greater degree than the rate of recyclization.
KeywordsAlcohol Hydrolysis Ethyl Organic Chemistry Catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. I. Gubina, V. I. Labunskaya, A. N. Pankratov, S. A. Trushin, and V. G. Kharchenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1614 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Voronin, T. I. Gubina, S. A. Trushin, I. A. Markushina, and V. G. Kharchenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1458 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Voronin, T. I. Gubina, I. A. Markushina, and V. G. Kharchenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 10, 1333 (1989).Google Scholar
- 4.E. J. Stamhuis, W. Drenth, and H. Van Den Berg, Rec. Trav. Chim. Pays-Bas,83, 167 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Salomaa, A. Kankaanpera, and M. Laqunen, Acta Chem. Scand.,20, 1790 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Kankaanpera and F. Salomaa, Acta Chem. Scand.,21, 575 (1967).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Unterferth and K. D. Schwetlick, J. Prakt. Chem.,312, 882 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.C. Harries, Ber.,34, 1488 (1901).Google Scholar