Reaction of 3-cyanopyridine-2(1H)-thiones with N-butyllithium
- 54 Downloads
The reaction of 3-cyanopyridine-2(1 H)-thiones with BuLi in ether was studied. It was found that the metallation proceeds initially at the sulfur atom. The resulting lithium salts add a second equivalent of n-butyllithium at the CN group. The hydrolysis of the dilithium derivatives leads to 3 pentanoylpyridine-2(IH)-thiones.
KeywordsSulfur Ether Hydrolysis Lithium Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. P. Litvinov, L. A. Rodinovskaya, Yu. A. Sharanin, A. M. Shestopalov, and A. Senning, Sulfur Reports, 13, 1 (1992).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Rodinovskaya, Dis. na Soisk. Uchen. Stepeni D-ra Khim. Nauk, Moscow (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.W. S. Saari, Y. M. Hoffman, and Y. S. Wai, J. Med. Chem., 34, 2922 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.N. G. Frolova, V. K. Zav'yalova, and V. P. Litvinov, Izv. Akad. Nauk Ser. Khim., No. 4, 727 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.N. G. Frolova, V. K. Zav'yalova, and V. P. Litvinov, Zh. Org. Khim., in press (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Judith, J. P. Madeley, and G. Pattenden, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. I, 1, 67 (1992).Google Scholar