Polyfuryl(aryl)alkanes and their derivatives. 10. Selective synthesis of 2-hydroxyaryldifurylmethanes
- 32 Downloads
It was shown that Me3SiCl, B(OH)3, PhB(OH)2, and B2O3 can act as catalysts for the selective synthesis of 2-hydroxyaryldifurylmethanes. It was established by x-ray crystallographic analysis that the molecules in the crystal of 2-hydroxy-3,5-diiodopenylbis(5-methyl-2 furyl)methane are linked in pairs by two hydrogen bonds between the hydroxyl group in one of them and the oxygen atom of the fury! group in the other.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogen Methane Hydroxyl Hydrogen Bond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. G. Mikhailenko, A. V. Butin, V. E. Zavodnik, and V. G. Kul'nevich, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 751 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Butin, V. E. Zavodnik, and V. G. Kul'nevich, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7, 997 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Butin, G. D. Krapivin, V. E. Zavodnik, and V. G. Kul'nevich, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5,616 (l993).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Butin and V. G. Kul'nevich, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1277 (l991).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Riad, Z. Mouloungui, M. Delmas, and A. Gaset, Synth. Commun.,19, 3169 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.S. J. Dunsdon and J. A. Martin, Tetrahedron,41, 2919 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.G. M. Sheldrick, Computational Crystallography, Oxford University Press, New York (1982), p. 506.Google Scholar