Topological space objects in a topos II: ɛ-Completeness and ɛ-cocompleteness
- 43 Downloads
It is well known that topoi satisfy strong internal completeness and cocompleteness conditions: Lawvere  announced the existence of internal Kan extensions; proofs may be found in Kock and Wraith  and Diaconescu . In this paper I give an explicit construction of the limit of an internal functor and lift the completeness and cocompleteness of ɛ to the category of topological space objects in ɛ defined by internalizing the definition in terms of open sets (as in  and ).
KeywordsTopological Space Number Theory Algebraic Geometry Topological Group Space Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BENABOU, JEAN: Introduction to Bicategories, in Reports of the Midwest Category Theory Seminar, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 47. Berlin, Heidelberg, and New York: Springer 1967.Google Scholar
- DIACONESCU, RADU: Change of Base for Some Toposes, Thesis, Dalhousie 1973.Google Scholar
- KOCK, ANDERS and WRAITH, GAVIN: Elementary Toposes, Lecture Notes Series 30, Aarhus Universitat Matematisk Institut 1970.Google Scholar
- LAWVERE, F. WILLIAM: Quantifiers and Sheaves, Actes du Congrès Int. des Math. Nice 1970, I, 329–334.Google Scholar
- OSIUS, GERHARD: Categorical Set Theory: a Characterization of the Category of Sets, J. Pure and Appl.Alg. Vol.4, 79–120 (1974).Google Scholar
- OSIUS, GERHARD: The Internal and External Aspect of Logic and Set Theory in Elementary Topoi, preprint, 1974.Google Scholar
- STOUT, LAWRENCE: General Topology in an Elementary Topos, Thesis, University of Illinois, 1974.Google Scholar
- STOUT, LAWRENCE: Topological Space Objects in a Topos I: Variable Spaces for Variable Sets. To appear.Google Scholar