Double transfer of embryos in in vitro fertilization, or is there a delayed receptivity of the endometrium?
- 25 Downloads
Sixty-seven in vitro fertilization (IVF) patients who underwent ultrasonically guided oocyte pickup (OPU) after induction of superovulation with human menopausal gonadotropins were submitted to two different protocols of embryo transfer. In the first group of 33 patients, four to five embryos were transferred to the uterus 48 hr after OPU. In the second group of 34 patients two to three embryos were transferred at 48 hr after OPU and two other embryos were transferred after freezing and thawing 48 hr later (96 hr after OPU). The pregnancy rate achieved in the double embryo transfer (ET) protocol was significantly higher than in the single-ET protocol (32.4 vs. 18.2%, respectively; P<0.05).
Key Wordsin vitro fertilization embryo transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cohen J: Obstetric outcome after assisted procreation —results of the french collaborative study. Presented at the 4th meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Barcelona, Spain, July 3–6, 1988Google Scholar
- 2.Lewin A, Laufer N, Rabinowitz R, Schenker JG: Ultrasonically guided oocyte recovery for in vitro fertilization: An improved method. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1986;3:370Google Scholar
- 6.Diaz S, Ortiz ME, Croxatto HB: Studies on the duration of ovum transport by the human oviduct. III. Time interval between the luteinizing hormone peak and recovery of ova by transcervical flushing of the uterus in normal women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1980;137:1161Google Scholar
- 7.Beatty RA: Transplantation of mouse eggs. Nature 1951; 168:2995Google Scholar
- 9.Rowson LE, Moor RM: Embryo transfer in the sheep: The significance of synchronizing oestrus in the donor and recipient animal. J Reprod Fertil 1966;11:201Google Scholar
- 10.Lutjen PJ, Leeton JF, Findlay JK: Oocyte and embryo donation in IVF programs. Clin Obstet Gynecol 1985;12:799Google Scholar
- 14.Cohen J, Debache C, Pigeau F, Mandelbaum J, Plachot M, de Brux J: Sequential use of clomiphene citrate, human menopausal gonadotropin and human chorionic gonadotropin in human IVF. II. Study of luteal phase adequacy following aspiration of the preovulatory follicles. Fertil Steril 1984;42:360PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 15.0Abate V, Call A, Stanchi A: Endometrial biopsy at the time of embryo transfers: Correlation of histologic diagnosis with therapy and pregnancy rates. Fertil Steril 1984;41:43S (abstr)Google Scholar
- 17.Salut-Baroux J, Giacomini P, Cornet D: Study of the luteal phase after ovulation and in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 1984;41:162 (abstr)Google Scholar
- 18.Mohr L, Trounson A, Freeman L: Deep-freezing and transfer of human embryos. J Vitro Fert Embryo Transfer 1985;2:1Google Scholar
- 19.Van Steirteghem AC, Van der Abbeel E: Cryopreservation of human embryos after GIFT and/or IVF. Presented at the joint meeting of the European Sterility Congress Organization and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, Budapest, Sept 27–30, 1987Google Scholar