A synthesis of chalcones and their thiophene analogs based onβ-chlorovinylketones
- 53 Downloads
A newly developed synthesis [1–3] of chalcones (arylstyryl ketones), based on condensing aryl-β-chlorovinylketones with ethers of mono- and dihydric phenols in the presence of stannic chloride, is extended. A number of chalcones not previously described are obtained in good yield and derivatives prepared. Hitherto undescribed nitroketones are obtained by addition of nitromethane and 2-nitropropane to an activated double bond of the chalcones and a thiophene analog of a chalcone.
KeywordsEther Chloride Phenol Organic Chemistry Ketone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. K. Kochetkov and V. F. Belyaev, ZhOKh, 30, 1495, 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.V. F. Belyaev, N. M. Yatsevich, and N. A. Sokolov, ZhOKh, 32, 2022, 1962.Google Scholar
- 3.V. F. Belyaev, ZhOKh, 34, 861, 1964.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Grishkevich-Trokhimovskii and I. Matsurevich, ZhRKhO, 44, 574, 1912.Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Lavrushin, S. V. Tsukerman, and V. M. Ninitchenko, ZhOKh, 31, 2845, 1961; 32, 2324, 1962; Ukr. khim. zh. 27, 379, 1961.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. N. Nazarova and A. D. Garnovskii, ZhOKh, 30, 1182, 1960.Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Novikov, N. S. Korsakova, and M. Ya. Yatskovskaya, DAN, 118, 954, 1958; ZhOKh, 29, 3659, 1959.Google Scholar
- 8.E. Weitz, Scheffer, Ber., 54, 2327, 1921.Google Scholar