Ultraviolet absorption spectra of chalcone analogs containing a selenophene nucleus
- 117 Downloads
The UV absorption spectra in solutions in hexane and ethanol of chalcone analogs containing, apart from 2-selenienyl, the following heterocyclic radicals-2-furyl, 2-thienyl, 2-pyrryl, 2- and 3-pyridyl, and 2-quinolyl-have been measured and discussed. Considerations on the electronic influence of the heterocycles have been put forward and the Hammett's parameters have been evaluated for some of the radicals.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Hexane Absorption Spectrum Chalcone Ultraviolet Absorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Tsukerman, V. D. Orlov, V. F. Lavrushin, and Yu. K. Yur'ev, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds],2, 913, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.L. Chierici and G. Papalardo, Gazz. chim. ital.,90, 69, 1960.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Szmant and A. J. Basso, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,74, 4397, 1952.Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Tsukerman, V. D. Orlov, V. M. Nikitchenko, Yu. S. Rozum, V. F. Lavrushin, and Yu. K. Yur'ev, TEKh,2, 399, 1966.Google Scholar
- 5.V. F. Lavrushin, S. V. Tsukerman, V. M. Nikitchenko, and A. I. Artemenko, ZhOKh,32, 2551, 2677, 1962.Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Tsukerman, L. A. Kutulya, Yu. N. Surov, V. F. Lavrushin, and Yu. K. Yur'ev, DAN,164, 354, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.S. V. Tsukerman, V. P. Izvekov, and V. F. Lavrushin, KhGS, collection 1, p. 9, 1967.Google Scholar
- 8.S. V. Tsukerman, Chan Kuok Shon, and V. F. Lavrushin, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds],1, 537, 1965.Google Scholar
- 9.S. V. Tsukerman, V. D. Orlov, V. P. Izvekov, V. F. Lavrushin, and Yu. K. Yur'ev, KhGS [Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds], 2, 34, 1966.Google Scholar