Synthesis and spectroscopic investigation of some arylazo derivatives of thiazolidin-4-one
- 40 Downloads
The reaction of 2-phenylimino- and 2-(p-tolylimino)thiazolidin-4-ones with benzene-, p-nitrobenzene, p-sulfamoylbenzene-, and p-toluenediazonium chlorides in glacial acetic acid in the presence of anhydrous sodium acetate (pH of the medium 4.5–5.0) has been studied. A spectroscopic investigation in the IR and UV regions has shown that the 5-(p-nitrophenylazo) derivatives of thiazolidin-4-one exist in the azo tautomeric form; the 5-phenylazo and p-tolylazo derivatives of thiazolidin-4-one are mixtures of the azo and hydrazone tautomers.
KeywordsSodium Acetate Chloride Benzene Acetic Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. C. Brown, Chem. Rev.,61, 463, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.B. K. Patnaik and M. K. Rout, J. Indian Chem. Soc.,32, 563, 1955.Google Scholar
- 3.J. N. Mohapatra and M. K. Rout, J. Indian Chem. Soc.,33, 17, 1956.Google Scholar
- 4.B. K. Patnaik and M. K. Rout, J. Indian Chem. Soc.,34, 814, 1957.Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Chizhevskaya, L. I. Gapanovich, and L. V. Poznyak, ZhOKh,33, 945, 1963.Google Scholar
- 6.A. A. Kharkharov, Dissertation [in Russian], Leningrad, p. 467, 1955.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Burawoy and A. R. Thompson, J. Chem. Soc., 1443, 1953.Google Scholar
- 8.P. F. Holt and A. E. Smith, J. Chem. Soc., 5245, 1965.Google Scholar
- 9.S. N. Baranov and A. N. Grishchuk, ZhOKh,32, 1938, 1962.Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Grishchuk and S. N. Baranov, ZhOKh,28, 896, 1958.Google Scholar