Synthesis and structure of a vesicular assembly of dialkylammonium-type amphiphile carrying L-3-(3-N-ethylcarbazolyl)alanine
- 44 Downloads
A novel unnatural amino acid, L-3-(3-N-ethylcarbazolyl)alanine, was synthesized and used for synthesis of a chiral dialkylammonium-type amphiphile. The synthetic amphiphile formed a vesicular assembly in aqueous dispersion showing gel-liquid crystalline phase transition around 25 °C. The bilayer membrane composed of the amphiphile was nearly free from excimer as evidenced by fluorescence spectroscopy.
KeywordsAmino acids Unnatural amino acid Ethylcarbazolylalaline Vesicular assembly Photoenergy-harvesting system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Egusa S, Sisido M, Imanishi Y (1985) One-dimensional aromatic crystals in solution. 4. Ground- and excited-state interactions of poly (L-1-pyrenylalanine) studied by chiroptical spectroscopy including circularly polarized fluorescence and fluorescencedetected circular dichroism. Macromolecules 18: 882Google Scholar
- Egusa S, Sisido M, Imanishi Y (1986) Opically active cyclic dipeptide carrying 9-anthryl group. Bull Chem Soc Jpn 59: 3175Google Scholar
- Noren CJ, Anthony-Cahill SJ, Griffith MC, Schultz GP (1989) A general method for site-specific incorporation of unnatural amino acids into proteins. Science 244: 182Google Scholar
- Sasaki H, Sisido M, Imanishi Y (1990a) Switching of excimer/monomer ratio of chiral bilayer membranes containing pyrenyl groups. Langmuir 6: 1008Google Scholar
- Sasaki H, Sisido M, Imanishi Y (1990b) Synthesis, structure and excimer formation of a vesicular assembly carrying chiral 9-anthryl chromophores. Langmuir 6: 1265Google Scholar
- Sisido M, Egusa S, Imanishi Y (1983) One-dimensional aromatic crystal in solution. 1. Synthesis, conformation, and spectroscopic properties of poly(L-1-naphthylalanine). J Am Chem Soc 105: 1041Google Scholar
- Sisido M, Sato Y, Sasaki H, Imanishi Y (1990) Synthesis, structure, and excimer formation of vesicular assemblies carrying 1- or 2-naphthyl chromophores. Langmuir 6: 177Google Scholar
- Yokoyama M, Tamamura T, Atsumi M, Yoshimura M, Shirota Y, Mikawa H (1975) Excimer formation of by poly(N-vinylcarbazole) in solution. Macromolecules 8: 101Google Scholar