2-Alkylisoxazolidine-3,3-dicarboxylic acid derivatives
- 29 Downloads
1,3-Dipolar cycloaddition ofα,α-bis(alkoxycarbonyl)-N-alkylnitrones to olefins gave 2-alkylisoxazolidine-3,3-dicarboxylic acid esters, the yields of which are determined by the steric conditions and are virtually independent of the electronic effect of the substituents attached to the C=C bond of the dipolarophiles. The structures of the compounds obtained were established by analysis of the PMR spectra. The retention of the cis configuration of the substituents in the isoxazolidines obtained from maleic acid esters constitutes evidence for a one-step, four-center, concerted cycloaddition mechanism. The energy parameters for inversion of the nitrogen atom of dimethyl 2,5,5-trimethylisoxazolidine-5,5-dicarboxylate were measured.
KeywordsNitrogen Ester Dimethyl Nitrogen Atom Acid Derivative
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. G. Kostyanovskii, V. I. Markov, A. I. Mishchenko, and A. V. Prosyanik, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 250 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Mishchenko, A. V. Prosyanik, A. P. Pleshkova, M. D. Isobaev, V. I. Markov, and R. G. Kostyanovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 131 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Huisgen, Angew. Chem.,75, 604 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Doubler, J. D. Dunitz, and D. M. Hawley, Helv. Chim. Acta,52, 1831 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Delugeard, J. L. Baudour, and J. C. Messager, Cryst. Struct. Commun.,3, 397 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.R. G. Kostyanovskii, V. F. Rudchenko, A. V. Prosyanik, M. D. Isobaev, I. I. Chervin, and V. I. Markov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 3, 628 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.J. M. Lehn, in: Topics in Current Chemistry, Vol. 15, New York (1970), p. 311.Google Scholar