Gibberellins and related substances
1. A study of the gibberellin-like substances of the leaves of tobaccoN. tabacum has shown that the latter contains gibberellin A3 and possibly A6 in the free state.
The amount of GA3 in the leaves of this plant is approximately 0.2–2 µg/kg.
2. In addition, tobacco leaves contain neutral gibberellin-like substances in the bound form which are liberated on hydrolysis.
KeywordsEthyl Acetate Gibberellin Inert Substance Fixed Layer Aqueous Concentrate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Kh. Chailakhyan, T. V. Nekrasova, L. P. Khlopenkova, and V. N. Lozhnikova, Fiziologiya rastenii, 10, 465, 1963.Google Scholar
- 2.V. F. Kucherov, I. A. Gurvich, A. V. Simolin, and I. M. Mil'shtein, DAN SSSR,163, 765, 1965.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Tamura, N. Takahashi, N. Murofushi, and S. Griuchijima, Tetrah. Let., 2465, 1966.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Sembdner, G. Schneider, J. Wieland, and K. Schreiber, Exper.,20, 89, 1964.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Pitra and I. Sterbr, Chem. Listy, 56, 544, 1962.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Peifer, Mikrochem. Acta, 529, 1962.Google Scholar
- 12.V. N. Lozhnikova, L. P. Khlopenkova, and M. Kh. Chailakhyan, Agrokhimiya, 132, 1967.Google Scholar