Acetals of lactams and amides. 60. N- and O-alkylation of 5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrocarbostyryils. Synthesis of isoxazolo[5,4-f]- and pyrazolo[3,4-f]quinolines
- 146 Downloads
The alkylation of 5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrocarbostyrils has been examined by GLC. It has been found that, irrespective of the reaction conditions and the alkylating agent used, both N- and O-alkylation occur. When triethyloxonium fluoroborate and N,N-DMF diethyl acetal are used O-alkylation predominates, and with alkyl halides, N-alkylation. Reaction of N-ethyl-5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrocarbostyril and 2-ethoxy-5-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydrotetrahydroquinoline with DMF diethyl acetal gives the 6-dimethylaminomethylene derivatives, treatment of which with hydrazine hydrate or hydroxylamine affording isoxazolo[5,4-f]- or pyrazolo[3,4-f]quinolines.
KeywordsAcetal Hydrate Amide Diethyl Hydrazine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. I. Mukhanova, L. M. Alekseeva, and V. G. Granik,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7, 888 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Granik, A. K. Shanazarov, N. P. Solov'eva, V. V. Chistyakov, I. V. Persianova, and Yu. N. Sheinker,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1470 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.A. K. Shanazarov, N. P. Solov'eva, V. V. Chistyakov, Yu. N. Sheinker, and V. G. Granik,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 11, 1477 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Rocdig, R. Manger, and S. Schödel,Chem. Ber.,93, 2294 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.L. T. Guss, L. V. Ershov, G. A. Bogdanova, and V. G. Granik,Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 215 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.V. G. Granik, B. M. Pyatin, and V. G. Glushkov,Usp. Khim.,40, 1593 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. T. Dubas-Sluyter, W. N. Speckamp, and H. O. Huirmann,Rec. Trav. Chim.,91, 157 (1972).Google Scholar