Interaction of the cholinesterases of warm-blooded animals with esters of N-(β-hydroxypropyl)piperidines and the methiodides
The influence of esters of N-(β-hydroxypropyl)pyridines (alkyl radicals from CH3 to C4H9) on the enzymatic activity of acetylcholinesterase (ACE) from human blood erythrocytes and on that of butyrylcholinesterase (BCE) from horse blood serum has been studied. At pH 7.5 and 25°C the majority of the piperidine derivatives inhibit reversibly (by the competitive type of inhibition) both ACE and BCE, their inhibiting properties depending only slightly on the presence of the corresponding alkyl radicals in the acid part of the molecule.
KeywordsCholinesterase Piperidine Cyanogen Bromide Acetylthiocholine Methiodides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Brestkin, I. L. Brick, and G. M. Grigor'eva, Int. Pharmacol. Ther. Sect., 85,5, 241 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.S. N. Golikov, and V. I. Rozengart, Cholinesterases and Anticholinesterase Agents [in Russian], Leningrad (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Sadykov, E. V. Rozengart, A. A. Abduvakhabov, and Kh. A. Aslanov, Cholinesterases, Active Site and Action Mechanism [in Russian], Tashkent (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Brestkin, E. V. Rozengart, I. N. Soboleva, N. V. Khromov-Borisov, and L. N. Tikhonova, Biokhimiya,40, 95 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Abduvakhabov, A. A. Sadykov, D. N. Dalimov, and Kh. A. Aslanov, Alkaloids and Their Derivatives as Tools for the Study of the Cholinergic System [in Russian], Tashkent (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.E. V. Rozengart, I. N. Soboleva, N. L. Indenbom, L. N. Tikhonova, and N. V. Khromov-Borisov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, SSSR,209, 482 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.Sh. K. Kasymov, A. A. Abduvakhabov, Kh. A. Aslanov, and E. V. Rozengart, Uzb. Khim. Zh.,3, 38 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.V. I. Rozengart and O. E. Sherstobitov, The Selective Toxicity of Organophosphorus Insectoacaricides [in Russian], Leningrad (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Yakovleb, The Kinetics of Enzymatic Catalysis [in Russian], Moscow (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Cornish-Bowden, Principles of Enzyme Kinetics, Butterworths, London (1976).Google Scholar