Characteristics of the molecular-mass parameters and viscosities of solutions of the lipopolysaccharide-protein complex fromYersinia pseudotuberculosis
- 24 Downloads
The lipopolysaccharide-protein complex (LPPC) fromY. pseudotuberculosis isolated by extraction with trichloroacetic acid has been investigated by the methods of gel permeation chromatography, light scattering, and viscometry. The molecular-mass distributions of aggregates of the LPPC in water, 0.03 M Tris-HCl buffer (pH 8) and 0.1 M sodium chloride have been determined. A dependence of the polydispersity and dimensions of the aggregates on the concentration of the polymer and on the ionic strength of the solvent has been shown. It has been established that in water the LPPC has a high characteristic viscosity which falls with an increase in the ionic strength of the solution.
KeywordsIntrinsic Viscosity Molecular Mass Distribution Cesium Chloride Calibration Relationship High Characteristic Viscosity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Galanos, O. Luderitz, E. T. Riefschel, and O. Westphal, in: Biochemistry of Lipids. II, T. W. Goodwin ed. [Vol. 14 of International Review of Biochemistry], University Park Press, Baltimore (1977), p. 239.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Dezelic, N. Dezeluc, D. Jusic, B. Pende, D. Sinkovic, and M. Zebec, Croat. Chim. Acta,49, 149 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.J. W. Shands, in: Microbiol Toxins, Vol. 4, G. Weinbaum, S. Kadis, and S. J. Aje, eds., Academic Press, New York (1971), p. 127.Google Scholar
- 7.O. D. Bondardenko, T. F. Soolov'eva, M. F. Shekhovtseva, G. M. Nedashkovskaya, R. V. Gladkikh, and V. D. Sorochan, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 51 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Boivin and L. Mesrobeanu, C. R. Seanc. Soc. Biol.,113, 490 (1933).Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Ermak, T. F. Sokol'eva, O. P. Sanina, and Yu. S. Ovodov, in: IVth All-Union Biochemical Congress. Abstracts of Scientific Communications [in Russian], Vol. 2 (1979), p. 181.Google Scholar
- 13.V. E. Eskin, Light Scattering by Solutions of Polymers [in Russian], Moscow (1973), p. 46.Google Scholar
- 14.B. G. Belen'kii and L. Z. Vilenchik, The Chromatography of Polymers [in Russian], Moscow (1978), p. 189.Google Scholar