Isolation and properties of transferrin messenger RNA from rat liver
- 16 Downloads
Highly purified transferrin mRNA characterized by electrophoretic and sedimentational homogeneity has been obtained from rat liver, with a sedimentation coefficient of 20S and a molecular weight of 0.86 MD. In a system consisting of a lysate of rabbit reticulocytes the Tf-mRNA programs the synthesis of an immunoreactive precursor of transferrin with a molecular weight of 82 kD. More than 50% of the nucleotide sequence of Tf-mRNA is present in the paired state.
KeywordsTransferrin Tritium Paired State Template Activity Functional Homogeneity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Gaitskhoki, N. A. Timchenko, L. V. Timchenko, L. V. Puchkova, Kh. A. Aslanov, and T. A. Salikhov, Biokhimiya,46, No. 8, 1426 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Gaitskhoki, N. A. Timchenko, L. T. Timchenko, L. V. Puchkova, Kh. A. Aslanov, and T. A. Salikhov, Biokhimiya,47, No. 1, 13 (1982).Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Timchenko, L. T. Timchenko, A. L. Shvartsman, T. A. Salikhov, and V. S. Gaitskhoki, Mol. Biol.,17, No. 2, 322 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Timchenko, A. L. Shvartsman, T. A. Salikhov, and V. S. Gaitskhoki, Mol. Biol. Mikrobiol. Virusol., No. 2, 33 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.A. P. Ryskov, N. A. Timchenko, L. T. Timchenko, T. A. Salikhov, and V. S. Gaitskhoki, Mol. Biol.,18, No. 1 (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Gaitskhoki, Messenger RNAs of Animal Cells [in Russian], Moscow (1980).Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. L'vov, “The physicochemical characteristics of Ceruloplasmin mRNA from rat liver,” Author's Abstract of Candidate's dissertation, Leningrad (1981).Google Scholar
- 15.R. Roads, J. Biol. Chem.,250, No. 20, 8088 (1975).Google Scholar