Synthesis of N-alkyl- and N-(β-hydroxyalkyl)-2-(acylmethylthio)benzimidazoles and their properties
- 24 Downloads
N-alkyl- and N-(β-hydroxyalkyl)-2-(acylmethylthio)benzimidazoles have been obtained by the reaction of N-alkyl- and N-(β-hydroxyalkyl)benzimidazoline-2-thiones with α-haloketones. The structures of the substances synthesized have been confirmed by IR, PMR, and mass spectra. The biological properties of the compounds obtained have been studied.
KeywordsBenzimidazole DMFA Methylbenzimidazole Benzimidazole Moiety Chloroacetone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.E. A. Kuznetsova, S. V. Zhuravlev, and T. N. Stepanova, Khim.-farm. Zh., No. 8, 17 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Krasovskii and P. M. Kochergin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 316 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Zhunke, NMR in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1974), p. 52.Google Scholar
- 5.R. A. Khmel'nitskii, N. A. Dolgikh, and G. M. Tokmakov, Izv. Mosk. S.-Kh. Akad. im. K. A. Timiryazeva, No. 5, 205 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.R. E. Lyle and E. White, Tetrahedron Lett., No. 22, 1871 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.A. K. Sheinkman, T. V. Stupnikova, N. A. Klyuev, L. Yu. Petrovskaya, and V. G. Zhil'nikov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 238 (1977).Google Scholar